Pilatus - The Mystic Mountain (Winter)
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered in: English, German
- Duration: 10 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- The way up and down Mt. Pilatus and the public bus ride back to Lucerne are unguided. For this part, you receive detailed, written information.
- Children from the age of 16 pay the full adult rate
- Children from the age of 6-15 pay 50% of the adult rate
- Children from the age of 0-5 are free of charge
- This tour is available on a daily basis November - May
- Pick-up serviceSihlquai Bus Station
- Easy CancellationRegular Tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before the Tour start free of charge.
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Panorama drive to Lucerne with photo stop en route (at Lake Lucerne or the Lion Monument)
- Introduction to Lucerne ,including main sights
- Leisure time (approx. 1 hour) in Lucerne
- Panoramic gondola and aerial cable car
- Lunch voucher instead of boat ride (from 22 Oct 2018 to early May 2019)
From Zürich, the coach takes you on a scenic journey through beautiful countryside and along the Lake of the Four Cantons to the charming town of Lucerne.
Take in the views during a short photo stop en route and enjoy a brief orientation drive, where your guide points out the main attractions of this charming town like the Chapel Bridge, the Town Hall, the Jesuit Church and the Culture and Congress Centre.
Enjoy the following leisure time to stroll through Lucerne's beautiful Old Town.
Continue to Kriens from where you take the panoramic gondolas to Fräkmüntegg.
Continue the ascent by the spectacular aerial cableway "Dragon Ride" and enjoy the jaw-dropping views out of the panoramic windows, specially designed to give the feeling of flying.
At the peak of Mount Pilatus (2132m) a mystical, white winter paradise awaits you. According to the legend, kind dragons and numerous ghosts used to inhabit this mountain. Warm up in the cosy Swiss Mountain Restaurant and enjoy a typical lunch.
If snow conditions allow it, venture down the Dragon's Path or go for a short hike to the summit.
Later you can relax inside the Panorama Gallery admiring magnificent views over the surrounding mountains of the Swiss Alps and the blue lakes in the valleys below.
Descend again by aerial cable car and take the public bus back to Lucerne.
In the evening, meet again with your guide for the coach journey back to Zurich.
- Our professional, multi-lingual guide accompanies the tour from Zürich to Kriens and from Lucerne to Zürich. The way up and down Mt. Pilatus and the public bus ride back to Lucerne are unguided. For this part, you receive detailed, written information.
- Partly guided in English and German
- Transportation in comfortable coach
- Panoramic gondolas and aerial cable car Dragon Ride
- Value voucher for lunch
- Personal expenses
8005 Zürich Arrival by tramway Take tramway no. 4 / 13 / 17 and alight at the stop "Sihlquai / HB". The coach parking is located across the street and the meeting point is a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here".
Arrival by train Take a train to Zürich main train station (HB). The departure place is located on the backside of the train station, about 5 – 10 minutes walking distance away. Please direct yourself to track no. 18. This is the last track on the street level. Walk along the track with the tracks to your left and the street to your right until the street turns to the right – follow the street to the right and you will see a restaurant called "St. Gallerhof", then Hotel Walhalla and a Starbucks coffee shop. The bus parking is located across the street and the meeting point is a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here".
Arrival by car There are several car parks around Sihlquai coach parking. Please be aware that they are very expensive and we, therefore, recommend to arrive by public transport. If you still prefer to arrive by car, we recommend the following car park, which is very close and open 24 hours:
Cross the coach parking towards the main train station. Our meeting point is a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here".
- For the check-in we require your confirmation details and a proof of identity (ID).
- Please check in at least 15 minutes prior to the tour start at our departure point.