Rhine Falls and Stein am Rhein
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered in: English, German
- Duration: 6 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Children from the age of 16 pay the full adult rate
- Children from the age 6-15 pay 50% of the adult rate
- Children from the age of 0-5 are free of charge
- From November 2019 until March 2020 this tour is available on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday only.
- From April To October this tour is available on a daily basis
- Until March 2019 the tour is available on Friday, Saturday and Sunday only
- From April 2019 the guide is available in English and Spanish
- Pick-up serviceSihlquai Bus Station
- Easy CancellationRegular Tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before the Tour start free of charge.
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Scenic drive to Northern Switzerland
- Europe's biggest waterfalls
- Free airport pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance to Rhine Falls Experience
- Optional boat ride in the Rhine basin (cost CHF 10.— adult / CHF 5.—child, subject to availability)
- Guided walk through the medieval town
Sit back and relax on a comfortable coach while listening to your multilingual guide explaining about Switzerland's interesting history and culture.
The journey takes you along the Grand Tour of Switzerland through the picturesque landscape with gently rolling vineyards and charming farming villages close to the German border.
Reach the first highlight of this afternoon at splendid medieval Castle Laufen – the mighty Rhine Falls!
Enjoy about one hour leisure time at Europe's biggest waterfalls and one of Switzerland's major tourist attractions!
Delight unique views from the panoramic lift and see how an average of 700'000 litres of water per second plunge across a width of 150 meters into the basin below.
The Belvedere panoramic trail brings you to the viewing platform right above the falls where you feel the spindrift of the rumbling waters.
Take an optional boat ride (summer only) close to the falls.
Continue via Schaffhausen with its well-known Munot Fortress and passing through the beautiful countryside to the medieval town of Stein am Rhein.
On a guided stroll, you learn about the well-preserved old town with its many distinctive buildings. Most of these half-timbered houses are made of stone with delicate wooden windows and stun visitors with their exceptional frescoes.
The most prominent of these houses is the White Eagle, whose fresco counts as the oldest preserved mural painting of the Renaissance in Switzerland.
After some time at leisure, drive back in the evening to Zürich.
- Transportation in comfortable coach
- Admission to Laufen Castle at Rhine Falls
- Guided walk in Stein am Rhein
- Personal expenses
- Boat ride at Rhine falls
8005 Zürich Arrival by tramway Take tramway no. 4 / 13 / 17 and alight at the stop "Sihlquai / HB". The coach parking is located across the street and the meeting point is a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here".
Arrival by train Take a train to Zürich main train station (HB). The departure place is located on the backside of the train station, about 5 – 10 minutes walking distance away. Please direct yourself to track no. 18. This is the last track on the street level. Walk along the track with the tracks to your left and the street to your right until the street turns to the right – follow the street to the right and you will see a restaurant called "St. Gallerhof", then Hotel Walhalla and a Starbucks coffee shop. The bus parking is located across the street and the meeting point is a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here".
Arrival by car There are several car parks around Sihlquai coach parking. Please be aware that they are very expensive and we, therefore, recommend to arrive by public transport. If you still prefer to arrive by car, we recommend the following car park, which is very close and open 24 hours:
Cross the coach parking towards the main train station. Our meeting point is a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here". Airport Departure Point Reisebus Terminal
(at Regional Bus & Tramway Terminal) Directions From the arrival hall in terminal 1 or 2 please follow the signs “Regionalbus / Tramway”. Once outside the building, you see the tramway and regional bus station in front of you. Please look to your left where you will find the coach parking. Look for a big, white signboard saying “Reisebus Terminal” and a little bench to its right. Next, to this bench, there is a smaller signboard saying "Best of Switzerland Tours". Please wait there - your guide will arrive by coach and welcome you there.
- Please check in at least 15 minutes prior to the tour start at our departure point.
- For the check-in we require your confirmation details and a proof of identity (ID).