Rhine Falls - Europe`s biggest waterfalls
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered in: English, Spanish
- Duration: 4 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Children from the age of 16 pay the full adult rate
- Children from the age of 6-15 pay 50% of the adult rate
- Children from the age of 0-5 are free of charge
- This tour is available daily from April to October
- Important: Way back via Germany a PASSPORT IS MANDATORY
- Pick-up serviceSihlquai Bus Station
- Easy CancellationRegular Tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before the Tour start free of charge.
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Europe's biggest waterfalls
- Free airport pick-up and drop-off upon registration
- Entrance to Rhine Falls Experience
- Optional boat ride in the Rhine basin (Apr-Oct) (cost CHF 10.00 adult / CHF 5.00 child, subject to availability)
Sit back and relax on a comfortable coach while listening to your multilingual guide explaining about Switzerland's interesting history and culture.
Drive through the picturesque landscape with gently rolling vineyards and charming farming villages to reach the splendid medieval Castle Laufen!
Enjoy approximately one hour leisure time at the mighty Rhine Falls, one of Switzerland's major attractions.
Delight in unique views of Europe's biggest waterfalls from the panoramic lift and see how an average of 700'000 litres of water per second plunge across a width of 150 meters into the basin below.
A beautiful, short stroll on the Belvedere panoramic trail takes you to the viewing platform right above the falls where you feel the spindrift of the rumbling waters.
Take an optional boat ride (summer only) close to the falls and visit the Historama at the patriarchal castle to learn more about the interesting history of this unique place.
The return journey passes by the picturesque town of Schaffhausen with its well-known Munot Fortress from the 16th century.
The way then continues for a short stretch through Germany before you arrive back in the city centre of Zürich, pass by the Airport where departing guests can end their tour.
- Live guide in English and Spanish
- Transportation in comfortable coach
- Admission to Laufen Castle at Rhine Falls
- Personal expenses
- Boat ride at Rhine Falls
8005 Zürich Arrival by tramway Take tramway no. 4 / 13 / 17 and alight at the stop "Sihlquai / HB". The coach parking is located across the street and the meeting point is a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here".
Arrival by train Take a train to Zürich main train station (HB). The departure place is located on the backside of the train station, about 5 – 10 minutes walking distance away. Please direct yourself to track no. 18. This is the last track on the street level. Walk along the track with the tracks to your left and the street to your right until the street turns to the right – follow the street to the right and you will see a restaurant called "St. Gallerhof", then Hotel Walhalla and a Starbucks coffee shop. The bus parking is located across the street and the meeting point is a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here".
Arrival by car There are several car parks around Sihlquai coach parking. Please be aware that they are very expensive and we, therefore, recommend to arrive by public transport. If you still prefer to arrive by car, we recommend the following car park, which is very close and open 24 hours:
Cross the coach parking towards the main train station. Our meeting point is a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here". Airport Departure Point Departure Point
(at Regional Bus & Tramway Terminal) Directions
From the arrival hall in terminal 1 or 2 please follow the signs “Regionalbus / Tramway”. Once outside the building, you see the tramway and regional bus station in front of you. Please look to your left where you will find the coach parking. Look for a big, white signboard saying “Reisebus Terminal” and a little bench to its right. Next, to this bench, there is a smaller signboard saying "Best of Switzerland Tours". Please wait there - your guide will arrive by coach and welcome you there.
- For the check-in we require your confirmation details and a proof of identity (ID).
- Please check in at least 15 minutes prior to the tour start at our departure point.
- Pick-up or drop-off at Zürich airport is possible