Stanserhorn - Open Top Cable Car
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered in: English, German
- Duration: 10 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Children from the age of 16 pay the full adult rate
- Children from the age of 6-15 pay 50% of the adult rate
- Children from the age of 0-5 are free of charge
- The way up and down Mt. Stanserhorn and the train ride back to Lucerne are unguided. For this part, you receive detailed, written information.
- This tour is available daily from May to October
- Pick-up serviceSihlquai Bus Station
- Easy CancellationRegular Tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before the Tour start free of charge.
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Panorama drive to Lucerne with photo stop en route (Lake Lucerne or Lion Monument)
- Introduction t Lucerne, including main sights
- Leisure time (approx 1 hour) in Lucerne
- Old timer funicular train ride
- World’s first open top aerial cable car
- Revolving restaurant (meals and drinks not including) & Marmotpark
- Public train ride Stans-Lucerne
Enjoy a scenic coach journey through beautiful countryside via the Albis Pass and along the shores of the Lake of the Four Cantons to Lucerne.
Take in the views during a short photo stop en route and enjoy a brief orientation drive, where your guide points out the main attractions of this charming town like the Chapel Bridge, the Town Hall, the Jesuit Church and the Culture and Congress Centre.
Enjoy the following leisure time to stroll Lucerne's beautiful Old Town.
Continuation to Stans where you board the vintage funicular train for an unforgettable ride through blooming meadows to the valley station of the World’s first CabriO!
The latest masterpiece of Swiss engineering is a unique open-top aerial cable car taking you up to Mt. Stanserhorn (1900m).
The unimpaired view from the roofless upper deck of the gondola is truly memorable.
On the top of the mountain, a magnificent panorama over ten lakes, 100 kilometres of the alpine mountain range and three countries awaits you.
Take the short hike around the peak and visit the marmot park to watch these cute animals play.
Relish a typically Swiss dish in the revolving restaurant Rondorama before you descend again to Stans.
Then take a public train ride back to Lucerne to enjoy some additional time in this lovely city.
Meet your guide in the evening for the coach ride back to Zürich.
- Our professional, multi-lingual guide accompanies the tour from Zürich to Stans and from Lucerne to Zürich. The way up and down Mt. Stanserhorn and the train ride back to Lucerne are unguided. For this part, you receive detailed, written information.
- Partly live guided in English and German (Spanish on request)
- Transportation in comfortable coach
- Vintage cable car and CabriO aerial cable car
- Public train to Lucerne
- Personal expenses
8005 Zürich Arrival by tramway Take tramway no. 4 / 13 / 17 and alight at the stop "Sihlquai / HB". The coach parking is located across the street and the meeting point is a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here".
Arrival by train Take a train to Zürich main train station (HB). The departure place is located on the backside of the train station, about 5 – 10 minutes walking distance away. Please direct yourself to track no. 18. This is the last track on the street level. Walk along the track with the tracks to your left and the street to your right until the street turns to the right – follow the street to the right and you will see a restaurant called "St. Gallerhof", then Hotel Walhalla and a Starbucks coffee shop. The bus parking is located across the street and the meeting point is a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here".
Arrival by car There are several car parks around Sihlquai coach parking. Please be aware that they are very expensive and we, therefore, recommend to arrive by public transport. If you still prefer to arrive by car, we recommend the following car park, which is very close and open 24 hours:
Cross the coach parking towards the main train station. Our meeting point is a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here".
- For the check-in we require your confirmation details and a proof of identity (ID).
- Please check in at least 15 minutes prior to the tour start at our departure point.