Be Adventurous and Take a Tour Trekking in Mount Ararat
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered in: English, German, French
- Duration: 6 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- This tour is on request only
- You need to have an excellent fitness level to take this tour
- Pick-up servicePick up from Van Airport.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 14 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Take an adventure with professional guides
- Hike to the summit of Mount Ararat and take in the stunning views
- At the end of your trek take a relaxing Turkish Bath and a Dinner on the shore
Mount Ararat is 5137m (16854 ft), and you will need a special permit to climb the mountain which your guides will organise. However, this can take a couple of months to process.
The climate on Ararat can be spectacular and changeable, but our guides have spent their lives on and around the mountain. Also, they are fully qualified and equipped to lead expeditions on the mountain as the regulations stipulate.
You should take some pre-climb training, and if you already have a good fitness base, we can recommend a fitness programme that would cover the requirement for your permit to be approved. You can not just throw yourself at Ararat; the Turkish name for Ararat is ‘Mountain of Pain’ for a reason! You need to be able to walk at least 10-15 miles comfortably before you take on this challenge.
We have an acclimatisation process as altitude sickness can be a problem with some climbers. This is something our professional guides are familiar with and are happy to direct you to good sources of information.
Your luggage and all camping gear are packed on horses or mules for the trek; all you need to carry is anything you require for your personal need, and a decent capacity hydration unit is recommended as dehydration can contribute to general fatigue and the onset of altitude sickness.
For those who wish to experience the impressive, beautiful scenery of this region without the trek to the summit, we are happy to arrange treks on foot or horseback.
We arrange all equipment for the climb including tents, sleeping bags, pickaxe, hand lamp, mountaineering clothing and shoes and you will have a professional and certified local guide who will prepare three meals a day for you, and, of course, tea.
- Climbing Permit
- Breakfast and Dinner
- All accommodatins
- All road transport (tolls etc)
- Professional guide
- All state and local taxes
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- You will need a visa to enter Turkey please check with your local Embassy
- A permit is required which your guide will organise but can take upto a couple of months
- You must be able to walk up to or beyond 20 kms per day on successive days involving severe inclines.
- Make sure you bring suitable clothing and footwear
- Make sure you have adequate insurance