Private Tour of Historical Ankara City
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered in: English, German, French
- Duration: 8 to 9 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel in Ankara.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Visit the impressive Museum of Anatolian Civilizations
- Witness some amazing views including Ankara Castle and the mausoleum of Ataturk
- Get the opportunity to admire important Byzantine monuments
- Have the chance to see the Road of Lions and artefacts from the Neolithic Age
Learn all about the Byzantine and Roman history in Ankara as you visit the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations with your guide where you will see artefacts dating back to the Stone Age and get the chance to admire the Road of Lions at the mausoleum of Atatürk who was the first president of the Republic of Turkey.
After pickup from your central Ankara hotel you will visit the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations, home to exhibits of remnants like jewellery, dishes, and sculptures that are all thousands of years old from the Stone Age and the Neolithic Age as well as the Urartian, Hittite, and Phrygian periods.
With your guide, you can take in the view of the Ankara Castle, also known as the Ankara Citadel. This hilltop castle was once controlled by the Romans, Seljuq Turks, Byzantines, Crusaders, and again by the Seljuqs in the 1200s before the citadel had major repairs under the order of Ibrahim Pasa in the 1800s.
Next admire Anitkabir, the mausoleum of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, the leader of the Turkish War of Independence and first president of the Republic of Turkey. Get a chance to see the Road of Lions, a walking path lined by pairs of lion statues. Wrap up your trip with a comfortable ride back to your hotel.
- Private guided tour of Ankara
- Admission fees to the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations, Ankara Castle, and Anitkabir
- Roundtrip transportation to and from your Ankara hotel
- Live commentary by your private guide
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverages
- Please be ready in your hotel reception 15 minutes before your departure time
- Please wear comfortable shoes as there is walking involved
- If there is a ceremony at Mausoleum of Ataturk, it can not be visited