Day Tour to Priene, Miletos and Didyma From Kusadasi
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered in: English, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, Turkish
- Duration: 8 to 9 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Please advise at time of booking if you prefer an alternative pick up time for your private tour
- Pick-up servicePick up from your centrally located hotel of Port in Kusadasi
- CancellationThis service can be cancelled without any penalties up to 4 days prior to the tour date Full cancellation applies in the event of a no-show
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Lunch in a traditional Turkish restaurant
- See the Apollon Temple at Didyma
- Visit Miletus the principal port and the richest imperium on the Aegean coast
- Explore Priene which was a very important city in ancient times because it is where the Panionium stood
According to your pick up time from your hotel or Kusadasi Port, your guide will greet you and take you to the first site of your Kusadasi tour, Priene.
Despite its small size, Priene was an important city in ancient times because here is where the Panionium stood which was the central meeting place and sanctuary of the Ionian Confederacy.
The theatre, Temple of Athena, the Agora, the Bouleterion and the temenos of Zeus Olympus are attractions you will see here.
Miletus, the next stop was the principal port and the wealthiest imperium on the Aegean coast. Thales of Miletus thought that there was a fundamental unity beneath the disorder and the complexity of nature and that water was the primary material for all things.
The theatre of Miletus is the most impressive of the town’s surviving monuments. There is also the council-chamber, temples, baths, marketplace and Islamic monument Ilyas Bey Mosque.
After lunch at a traditional local restaurant, you will continue to the Didyma Apollon temple. Didyma was once an ancient Ionian city and now known as Didim. The town was formed just outside of the sanctuary containing a temple and oracle of Apollo, the Didymaion.
Didyma was a neighbour of Miletus and both Herodotus and Pausanias dated the origins of the prophet at Didyma before the Ionian colonisation of this coast. Afterwards, you will drive back to your departure point.
- Meal plan as mentioned in the itinerary
- All sights mentioned in the itinerary
- Land transportation by an air-conditioned non-smoking vehicle
- Admission fees to attractions
- Professional Guiding service in your own language
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Meals other than stated
- Tips to the guide and driver (optional)
- In the rare event of lack of availability due to special events an alternative day or service may be advised
- Amendments are subject to availability and may require a supplement fee
- We cannot be held responsible for entry denied due to improper dressing
- Please bring Passport for Children
- Clients must be ready at the departure point 15 minutes before the pickup time