Full Day Historical Konya Tour From Cappadocia
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered in: English, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Dutch, Japanese
- Duration: 13 to 14 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel in Cappadocia
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- See the Mevlana Museum who established the whirling dervish sect of Sufism
- Visit Karatay Tile Museum a stunning restored 13th-century medrese
- See the Aziziye Mosque that was reconstructed in a unique Rococo style
- Explore Old Bazaar a colourful, sprawling, and bustling bazaar where you will find many treasures
- Visit Alaaddin Mosque and Palace that sits atop a hill in Central Konya
Konya dates back to the period of the Hittites and is also home to the famous whirling dervishes and the Seljuk culture. The tour takes you to:
Mevlana Museum, this complex is home to the properties and works of the 13th-century religious leader and poet Mevlana Celaleddin Rumi.
Mevlana established the whirling dervish sect of Sufism, and the museum’s collection includes their musical instruments, fabrics, calligraphy, carpets and a library. It also houses the tombs of Mevlana, his wife, children and several notable Sufis.
Karatay Tile Museum is a stunning restored 13th-century medrese and is now a tile museum. The inside of the medrese is tiled in enamel blue and white Seljuk tiles, and there is also a superb collection of ceramics.
Ince Minare Museum is a museum that houses a magnificent collection of Seljuk period wood and stone sculptures including animal reliefs from the walls of the city. It was constructed in the 13th century as a medrese and has a beautifully carved portal.
Aladdin Mosque and Palace sits atop a hill in central Konya. It is another example of the 13th-century architecture and is notable in part for the many decorative columns that are inside. At the foot of the hill is where you will find the excavation site of Alaeddin Kaykobad’s palace.
Aziziye Mosque, this is a typical mosque which was initially built in the 17th century but was then restored 200 years later after a fire destroyed it. This later restoration resulted in the mosque being reconstructed in a unique Rococo style which contrasts with others you may see.
Old Bazaar located behind the Mevlana Museum, is a colourful, sprawling, and bustling bazaar which is perfect for wandering, exploring and maybe finding a treasure to take home.
- Cappadocia hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Professional guide who will show you all the amazing sights of Konya
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- A traditional Turkish lunch
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Other services not mentioned
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Please dress appropriately when entering religious sites
- Please wear comfortable shoes as there is a lot of walking
- Please be ready in your hotel reception 15 minutes before your pickup time
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1