South Cappadocia Group Tour
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered in: English, Spanish
- Duration: 7 to 9 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- Pick-up servicePick up from Cappadocia hotels.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Discover the fantastic Red Valley and visit its hidden cave churches
- See the abandoned rock houses of old Çavuşin village
- Explore the Kaymakli Underground City and view the dovecotes of Pigeon Valley
- Visit Avanos, a traditional town known for its pottery making
- Watch potters at work and try making your earthenware masterpiece
To start your Southern Cappadocia Tour: Cavusin, Red Valley, Kaymakli Underground City and Pigeon Valley your air-conditioned coach will meet at your Ürgüp or the Göreme hotel, and then take the journey to the south part of Cappadocia, famous for its moon-like rock formations, fairy chimneys and ancient settlements. Hear about the region’s geology get a taster of some of the sights ahead.
Your first stop is at Pigeon Valley, a beautiful gulley where thousands of pigeon houses have been hewn into the rocks and cliffs. Here you can take photo's of the dovecotes as you with hear how centuries ago, local farmers used pigeon droppings as a crop fertiliser.
Next, we drive on to the Red Valley, a stunning area of red and multicoloured rock peaks and cliffs. Walk, accompanied by your guide, and absorb views of the famous caves, vineyards and orchards. See into some of the hidden rock churches and learn how they were used by Christians through the ages. We will then travel on to the Kaymakli Underground City, one of the best preserved of its kind in Cappadocia. Explore its hand-cut rock passages and rooms as you will hear all about how the Christians used them as hideaways to escape persecution.
From here we will continue to ‘old’ Çavuşin, a deserted village cut into a hillside. Marvel at the desolate rock houses, caves and shelters and hear about the people who once called them home, and why they left.
After this, we will then stop for lunch at a local Turkish restaurant and also visit Avanos, famous for its pottery and crafts.
Visit an excellent workshop to see the potters in action and try making your pottery masterpiece! Learn about the local clay-working techniques that have been passed down through generations of potters as you watch and work. Your tour will then end with a drop of back to your hotel.
- All Taxes
- Entrance Fees
- Parking Fees
- Luxurious Vehicles For Transportation
- Professional Tour Guide
- Personal Expenses
- We recommend you wear comfortable and suitable footwear and clothing for this tour. In the summer months please bring sunscreen and wear a hat to protect you from the sun.