Full Day Istanbul Old City Tour ( Byzantine & Ottoman Traces )
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered in: English, Turkish
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- All participants pay the adult price
- Pick-up servicePick up from centrally located Istanbul Hotels.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Little Hagia Sophia Mosque
- Topkapı Palace
- Shopping Opportunity
- Grand Covered Bazaar
- Hippodrome and Obeliks
- Blue Mosque
- Haghia Sophia
Travel through time on a full-day tour of Istanbul, and see the main monuments from the Byzantine and Ottoman Empires. Following a pick-up from your hotel, transfer to the Hippodrome, site of major political life and sports activities during the Roman and Byzantine Empires. Marvel at the last remaining monuments at the complex, including the Obelisk from Egypt and the Serpentine Column from Delphi.
Next, go to the Church of St. Sophia, also known as the “Church of Holy Wisdom,” and “Hagia Sophia.” One of the world's architectural masterpieces, the former church and mosque is now a museum of artefacts from Byzantium. Continue to the Blue Mosque to see the city’s icon up close. Famed for its stunning Iznik tiles, the building’s graceful minarets can be seen from many points in the city.
Next, explore the narrow lanes of the Grand Bazaar, the oldest and largest covered market in the world. Discover decorative jewellery, leather work, souvenirs and carpets in more than 4.000 shops.
Your next stop will be Topkapi Palace, former residence of the Ottoman sultans, now home to an exquisite collection of crystal, silverware, and Chinese porcelain, as well as robes worn by the sultans, and the jewels of the Imperial Treasury.
Then, head to Sultans Tombs. Made up of 5 tombs of the Ottoman Sultans, within the graveyard at St. Sophia, these ceramic panels are the most beautiful examples of the 16th century with purple, green, blue and red flower motives. The prince's robes and a small piece from the Kaaba covers are displayed on the sarcophaguses.
Please note, Sultans Tombs are closed on Monday and will be replaced with a visit to the Little Hagia Sophia Mosque.
- Transfers by non smoking air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pick-up and drop off (from European side or city center)
- Local Lunch
- Licensed professional guide
- Entrance Fees
- Drinks at lunch
- Any expense of personal nature
- This tour will not visit the Grand Bazaar on Sunday as the Bazaar is closed.
- On Tuesdays, the Topkapi Palace will be closed to the public.
- The Blue Mosque is closed on Fridays and will be replaced by Nuruosmaniye Mosgue.
- Hagia Sophia is closed every Monday. If your tour is booked on this day the Hagia Sophia will be replaced by Yerebatan Cistem.