Private Old Istanbul City Walking Tour
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered in: English, Spanish
- Duration: 6 to 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- All participants pay the adult price
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- Pick-up servicePick Up and Drop Off from Istanbul Hotels.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Visit Hippodrome, once the site of chariot races during the Roman and Byzantine era.
- Discover The Blue Mosque
- See the Hagia Sophia, built during the time of Suleiman the Magnificent.
- Explore the Topkapi Palace (Harem section is extra), Caferaga Madrasah, The Hippodrome Square. Also see the Blue Mosque, St.Sophia Museum, Million Stone, and Cemberlitas.
Istanbul Old City Private Walking Tour will start when you meet your private guide in the lobby of your hotel. First, you will go to the Blue Mosque; it is Istanbul's most famous mosque well known for its six minarets. Be amazed by the beautiful blue tiles as well as the astonishing woven carpets. The Blue Mosque was constructed for Sultan Ahmet I.
Next, stop at the Hippodrome, the sporting and social centre of old Constantinople. Your guide will show you details that remain from the original structure; it includes an obelisk and carved columns, and explain the role that chariot races played in eastern Roman life.
It's a short walk to the Basilica Cistern, another fantastic piece of Byzantine architecture, an underground reservoir constructed to store water from the Valens Aqueduct. Lit by flickering lights reflected in dark pools, it's eerie and mysterious, particularly with its Medusa head columns. With a visit to the Topkapi Palace, you will discover the world of the Ottoman sultans where these rulers lived for ages. Be surprised when you visit the Treasury, it features the emerald-and-gold Topkapi Dagger and the 86-carat 'Spoonmaker's Diamond'.
Shop at the Grand Bazaar, only a 20-minute walk from the Topkapi Palace, with its many stores divided into 64 streets. During the Ottoman period, this was not only a market, but also a bank, a stock exchange, and a place for slave auctions. Shop here for typical souvenirs, such as carpets, brassware, and leather goods, and your guide will be happy to assist.
- Professional tour guide
- Luxurious vehicles for transportation
- Parking fees
- Entrance fees
- Personal expenses
- Comfortable footwear will be important for your experience.