Izmir Shore Excursion: Day Trip To Ephesus And House Of Virgin Mary
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered in: English, Spanish
- Duration: 6 to 8 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick Up and Drop Off from Izmir Port.
- Disability ServicesFacilities, equipment and wheelchairs are available on request.
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Visit the Johns Basilica.
- See the House of the Virgin Mary
- Stroll through the historic Christian ruins of Ephesus
- Explore the enchanting Temple of Artemis
Our Izmir Shore Excursion: Day Trip To Ephesus And House Of Virgin Mary gives you a %100 satisfaction guarantee with our professional drivers, luxurious vehicles and expert tour guides.
Explore the best of Izmir on this shore excursion to the House of the Virgin Mary and Ephesus. After arriving at Izmir, disembark your boat and see old ruins and preserved Mediterranean cities.
Learn about the fantastic story behind the Ephesus remains and discover the house that Mary lived the end of her life in. At the House of the Virgin Mary, explore the building where this historical figure spent the remaining days of her life. En route to the old ruins of Ephesus, make time for a visit of the St. John Basilica. This historic building was built to celebrate the saint who wrote his gospel atop the hill where the basilica stands. Inside the basilica, see the 4th-century tomb where Saint John is said to be buried.
Next, stroll towards the Christian ruins of Ephesus, a highlight of Izmir. Ephesus has much historical importance in the Book of Revelation and as a city significant in the early days of Christianity. Once in Ephesus follow your guide to the Library of Celsus, the Great Theatre and magnificent temples.
Explore the magnificent Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Stop for a meal at a local Turkish restaurant, where you can indulge in local specialities and learn all about Turkish cuisine.
After, return to your ship, where you’ll board in time for your departure.
- Fuel Surcharge.
- Parking Fees.
- Traditional Turkish Lunch.
- Complimentary Bottled Water.
- Cruise Port Pickup And Drop Off.
- Transportation With Luxurious Vehicles.
- Licenced Expert Tour Guide.
- Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Entrance Fees.
- You Will Need Sun Cream In The Summer.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Comfortable footwear will be important for you experience as you will be walking a lot during the tour.