Private Full-Day City Highlights Tour of Bodrum
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered in: English, German, French, Italian
- Duration: 8 to 9 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from Bodrum Cruise Port.
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Visit the Crusader-built Bodrum Castle (Castle of St Peter), with its towers, dungeons and battlements
- See the ancient shipwrecks and treasures at the Castle’s Museum of Underwater Archaeology
- Explore the now crumbled Mausoleum of Halicarnassus, once a Wonder of the Ancient World
- View the stunning Bodrum Amphitheater, cut into a hill above the city
- Enjoy the full attention of your guide on this private tour
Make the most of the time you have in Bodrum on this private full-day tour of the cities historical highlights.
Meet with your guide at the port and hop onboard a private, air-conditioned vehicle for your tour where you will enjoy the beautiful views of Bodrum on route to the first stop, Bodrum Castle (Castle of St Peter). Sat on a peninsula dividing the city’s two bays, this Crusader fort was constructed in 1402 by the Knights of St John before being seized by the in 1522 by the Ottomans. Inside you will see the courtyard, dungeons and battlements as your guide tells you about the Crusader knights who held the fort and decorated the walls with their coats of arms.
Most of the castle is devoted to the Bodrum Museum of Underwater Archaeology, a treasure-trove of artefacts found under the local seas. You can admire jars, jewellery and weapons found on the ancient shipwrecks. Also see the prize exhibit of the Uluburun shipwreck: a wooden Bronze Age merchant ship that was recovered from the sea in 1982.
Continue to the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus, which is the site of the tomb of King Mausolus, the ruler of the ancient city of Halicarnassus that stood on the site of Bodrum in the 4th century BC. Look at the broken relics as your guide details the once-glorious tomb, once one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
Lastly, head for Bodrum Amphitheater that is cut into a hillside an impressive structure dating back to the 4th century BC. Explore the orchestra and view the steep tiers of seats, some still engraved with their patrons’ names.
You should also have some time at the end of the tour to do some souvenir shopping for some gifts to take home.
The order of the itinerary may vary.
- Entrance fees
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Transport by private, air-conditioned vehicle
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- In the summer months it is recommended to wear suncream
- It is advisable to wear comfortable clothes and shoes as there is walking involved