Hanoi Lovers Foodie Tour
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered in: English
- Duration: 3 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Minimum 2 people per booking
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up serviceWe will pick you up at your hotel(located in Hanoi Ola Quarter). Else our guide will welcome you at Bong Sen theater near Sword lake
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Try some of the best savory dishes and finish the night with a local dessert
- Say cheers with one of Hanoi's local brews
- Visit Hanoi's best street food spots guided by your resident foodie and Hanoi expert
- Discover the backstreets and local markets in the Old Quarter of Hanoi
This street food tour will give you the best introduction to traditional Hanoi fare whilst exploring the bustling Old Quarter.
Enjoy a glass of the local brew at the Bia Hoi corner - a beverage with eastern European roots.
Continue on down the streets trying out noodles soup" Pho Hanoi", pillow cakes, spring rolls and other tasty snacks. Make sure to save space for the last stop at one of Hanoi's most well known ice cream parlours or yogurt mixed fresh food.
The tour is tailored to what's fresh that season and which local restaurants are open that day, so come with an open mind and an empty belly!
- Lunch/Dinner at local restaurants(special Hanoi food: pillow cakes, spring rolls, noodle soup “Pho Ly Quoc Su”, yogurt mixed with fresh fruits)
- English speaking tour guide
- Special drinks (Mineral water/Green tea, Hanoi special local beer and Egg coffee)
- Other things are not mentioned clearly in the packages
Our tour guide will welcome you at your hotel lobby(for the hotels located in Hanoi Quarter only), then start walking around Hanoi old quarter "36 streets" to visit some famous and specialized- food families or stalls/local restaurants, shops where they run their business every day, certainly you will watch and taste some particular dishes, we can customize vegetarian or special food too.
Our guide will introduce you some popular authentic food in lovely local restaurants (not luxury restaurants) where you can feel comfortable to sit down and enjoy some popular dishes and nice drinks too. It's interesting to hear from tour guide about the history of the old quarter in Hanoi, it is a thousand years old and today retains much of the old flavor that made the area special in earlier times, each street was the exclusive domain of one trade (guilds) so there are whole streets of blacksmiths, silver shops, paper shops, headstone makers and more. Originally there were just 36 streets in the old quarter but today there are more than 50 streets. It is very difficult to find some local food stalls and special restaurants on your own in hidden alleys and sidewalks, certainly the best way to make it easy is joining with Swallow Travel, taking part in this special tour to learn about Vietnamese cuisine, culture, people and language. Food on Foot Tour will give you an unique experience to try our special local food and drinks, we ensure the food is handled hygienically and provide a comfortable venue for the tasting. The margin also goes back to the vendors or local restaurants/ families as we buy directly from them.
- Water Puppet show at 17:00 at Bong Sen theater with a surcharge 6USD/person. Please contact us for this service
- Please come with an open mind and an empty belly!
- You will be walking around Hanoi Old Quarter so make sure you will have good walking shoes